It is time to enrol for the JobKeeper Payment!
The ATO has announced that businesses should now enrol for JobKeeper if they meet the eligibility criteria.
For full information go to the ATO website.
What you need to do
If you don’t yet know if you are eligible – working this out will be your first step.
For full eligibility criteria see the ATO website.
If you want help working out if your business is eligible please contact us. We will agree a fixed fee to guide you through the JobKeeper process.
How to enrol for JobKeeper
Once you know you are eligible – it is time to enrol.
If you have a business portal:
- Log in to the Business Portal using myGovID.
- Select Manage employees – then click the JobKeeper payment link.
- Complete the JobKeeper enrolment form.
- Notify eligible employees that you have nominated them. (you should have a completed employee nomination notice for each employee)
If you don’t have a business portal:
You can either set one up, or you can engage us to complete this step for you.
After registering you will need to maintain your information.
To do this you must:
- Identify and maintain your eligible employees. This can be done through the business portal or through STP enabled payroll software that has been updated for JobKeeper (e.g. Xero).
- Make a business monthly declaration of number of employees. This can be lodged through the business portal. If you don’t have a business portal you can engage us to do it for you.
If you would like help working through this process please get in touch.
We have had clarification that JobKeeper audits and reviews by the ATO are covered by Audit Shield for those who have paid for this service. If you have queries about Audit Shield please get in touch.